For our customer INEOS Energy we are looking for a strong and dedicated Senior Financial Controller to join the Danish finance team, which is responsible for all aspects of financial accounting, reporting, controlling, compliance, and forecasting. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and reliable financial reporting and will be expected to challenge and advise internal stakeholders to improve quality and efficiency of the financial control environment.About
INEOS Energy explore for and produce oil and natural gas and today their activities are centred in the North Sea off Denmark with the Siri, Nini, Cecilie, Stine and Hejre fields. They have exciting projects ahead of them, including the recent agreement to acquire HESS Denmark, which will deepen their operating position and provide opportunities for organic growth. This will also support the development of the Greensand carbon storage project, which plans to safely and cost effectively permanently store up to 8 million tonnes of CO2 per annum, in the Siri area, when the fields have ceased production. This storage potential, if achieved, will contribute significantly to Denmark’s 2030 overall emissions reduction target.
There are currently 160 employees in Denmark with offices in Esbjerg and Virum. You will be based at their office in Virum and regularly interface with the office in Esbjerg.Your key tasks will be to
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- responsible for preparation of statutory accounts and documentation for external auditors
- responsible for month end IFRS reporting to INEOS Group including ongoing financial controlling
- cash management including weekly cash flow reporting, contact with bank etc.
- working closing together with the team manager to development and optimization of processes, models etc.
- ensure compliance of local reporting matters to maintain accounting quality
- maintain a lean general ledger structure in our financial management system (SAP)
- various ad hoc tasks to Senior Management
- hold a MSc in Economics, Business, or other relevant fields, Preferably with experience in audit and/or financial controlling
- preferably have prior experience with IFRS reporting
- Positive can-do attitude, proactive and structured work behavior and able to work independently
- have the ability to handle large amounts of information, ensuring attention to detail while maintaining a collective overview
- have extensive experience with Excel
- experience with use of SAP (JVA), Power BI and HFM is an advantage
- are proficient in Danish and English verbally as well as written
In addition, you are comfortable operating within a large network of people, managing relationships with various stakeholders widely distributed within the organisation. You like working in a team operating in a dynamic environment based on respectful, open discussion and a direct and trust-based approach.What INEOS offers
An exciting and versatile role where you have every opportunity to develop your skills. You will become a fully integrated part of a driven team where every member is a key player. INEOS rely strongly on people, who are excellent team players and who are comfortable in an ever-changing environment. They have a flat management structure and an open and honest work environment. INEOS offers flexibility, attractive staff benefits and a remuneration package that matches your qualifications.
In INEOS, they work goal oriented, with health & safety always as their first priority. Working for INEOS, you will be close to the decision-making processes.Contact us
Please do not hesitate to contact Senior consultant at Blachman Search, on telephone +45 53 88 14 99 if you would like to know more about the position. We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as soon as possible, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. The recruitment will be closed, when we have found our new talent.About INEOSINEOS Energy Denmark is a part of the INEOS group who is one of the world’s largest chemical groups and a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products with a turnover of $60 billion. Its production network spans 181 sites in 24 countries throughout the world and has 18,500 employees. Five years ago, INEOS started acquiring oil and gas assets and is today one of the biggest players in the North Sea.INEOS Energy are taking an active role in the ongoing energy transition.